If you have few of your natural teeth left, you are probably looking for a comfortable tooth replacement option that can restore your ability to do everyday things like speak and eat naturally. While many people in this position choose to be fitted with dentures in Birmingham, AL, you should know that there are other options available to you as well. Before making a final decision, here are some of the top reasons why people do or do not choose denture appliances.
The Top 3 Reasons Why People Choose Dentures
People choose traditional dentures for a variety of reasons, including:
1. Affordability. Many people are attracted to the relatively low cost of dentures.
2. Familiarity. Some people choose dentures simply because they are familiar with them.
3. Convenience. Dentures are typically very quick and easy to create, and they can be produced in as little as a few hours.
Dentures also have a long and successful history, and they can be made from readily-available materials.
The Top 3 Reasons Why People Do Not Choose Dentures
Despite the popularity of traditional denture appliances, many people are branching out to newer tooth replacement methods, including dental implants. Here are the top three reasons why people choose alternative tooth replacement options over denture appliances:
1. Fragility. Most traditional denture appliances do not last as long as other available tooth replacement options, and they often have to be replaced every several years.
2. Unnatural appearance. There are tooth replacement options available that look much more natural than dentures.
3. Inconvenience. Dentures can cause embarrassment if they fall out while eating or talking. It can also be inconvenient to take them out for cleaning and soaking every night.
If you like how affordable dental appliances are, but you long for a more long-term tooth replacement option, implant supported dentures may be an appropriate choice for your preferences.
Call to Learn More
Considering implant supported dentures in Birmingham, AL? Schedule your appointment with Dr. Leigh Kent and find out if you are a good candidate for the procedure.
Currently rated by 0 people