If you have been told that you have periodontal disease, you may be looking for a treatment that does not involve scalpels and stitches. There is, in fact, a laser gum surgery that safely and effectively treats periodontal disease and relieves symptoms like bleeding or swollen gums in Birmingham, AL. The Laser Assisted New Attachment Procedure (LANAP®), performed by Dr. Leigh Kent, does not require incisions or sutures. It offers numerous benefits for patients with gum disease.
The Advantages of LANAP®
· It offers a more comfortable alternative. The laser is slipped in between your teeth and gum, eliminating the need for cutting or sewing.
· It improves your oral health immediately. The light from the laser destroys the bacteria that cause the infection and inflammation and targets only diseased tissue. Healthy gum tissue stays intact.
· Recovery times are dramatically shorter with laser gum surgery. Most patients need only over-the-counter pain relievers to manage any discomfort and are able to return to work the next day.
· Bleeding is minimal, due to the clotting properties of the laser. This is a critical advantage for patients who are diabetic or hemophiliacs.
· It can enhance bone health. One of the beneficial effects of the laser is that it can be used to stimulate the regeneration of bone. If gum disease is left untreated, it can lead to bone loss and eventually tooth loss.
· There are no contraindications; LANAP® is safe for everyone. It does not impact any current medical illnesses or hinder prescription medication.
Do you have bleeding or swollen gums in Birmingham, AL? It is possible that you suffer from periodontal disease. Other symptoms may include bad breath, gum recession, or deepening periodontal pockets. Schedule a visit with Dr. Kent to determine whether LANAP® is right for you. Call our office today.
Currently rated by 0 people