Enter the code shown above:
(Note: If you cannot read the numbers in the above
image, Click the Image to generate a new one.)
Schedule Your Consultation Today!
Appointments Click To Call
Are you considering replacing your missing teeth with dental implants, but are unsure about what will happen or what treatment will look like? It’s a good idea to research the implant treatment process so you can know what to expect. Read through our blog, but be sure to contact our periodontist who can answer all your questions and help you feel comfortable getting dental implants in Birmingham, AL.
1. Consultation. The first step in any treatment process is your first consultation with our periodontist. These appointments include a thorough examination of your mouth, x-rays, and a discussion of our dental implant options and the best treatment plan for your situation.
2. Surgery. Our experienced periodontist, Dr. Leigh Kent, specializes in dental surgical procedures like placing dental implants in Birmingham, AL. Your surgery will include placing a dental implant into your jaw bone, in a strategic placement to ensure long-term success.
3. Integration. Your dental implant will need 1-3 months to heal after your surgery. This process, known as “osseointegration,” is characterized by the implant post and bone fusing together to create a stable, permanent “root” that can support a dental crown.
4. Preparation. At your next appointment, we place the abutment, which connects the implant post to the dental crown or bridge. Once your gums have healed, your restorative dentist takes impressions of your mouth to create a custom restoration that will be attached to the abutment.
5. Restoration. Your restorative dentist will finalize the look and fit of your new tooth, then securely attach it to the abutment. Your new tooth is permanent and will not decay, but should be cared for just like your remaining natural teeth.
Want to Learn More?
The dental implants process is very detailed and complex, and it is important that you seek the care of an experienced and credentialed periodontist like Dr. Kent. If you want to learn more about dental implants in Birmingham, AL, we invite you to schedule a consultation with us!
Click here to cancel reply.
Remember my details
Notify me of followup comments via e-mail
Call now to schedule and appointment today!
Current Patients: 205-870-8341
New Patients: (205) 870-3841
Follow us on Facebook to keep up with our office and give us your feedback!
Click to view our YouTube videos on select treatments!
New Patients: (205)-255-3811
Current Patients: (205)-870-8341