What is LANAP® Laser Treatment?
Millions of Americans are diagnosed with gum disease at some point in their lives but only some get the treatment they need. Research shows a link between gum disease and health problems such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. Until recently, the only option for treating periodontal disease involved cutting the gum tissue and suturing the tissue back together. Patients undergoing the LANAP® laser protocol enjoy fast recovery times because the laser kills bacteria and eradicates diseased tissue while leaving healthy tissue untouched.
Benefits of the LANAP® Protocol
Some of the key benefits of LANAP® laser treatment include:
- Speedy recovery
- This is a minimally invasive procedure that allows the body to heal quickly.
- Minimal or no discomfort
- The laser causes little to no discomfort. Most patients only report a heating sensation.
- Less downtime
- Most patients can return to regular activities the same day.
- Little to no gum recession
- Laser gum surgery does not lower the gum line, as often seen with traditional gum surgery.
- Reduced inflammation
- The procedure can remove up to 90% of inflammation in a single treatment.
- Patients experience less bleeding than with traditional gum surgery.
- Saves teeth
- The procedure helps to save natural teeth.
- Bone regeneration
- Laser gum disease treatment can regenerate bone tissue around the tooth structure.
- Zero contraindications
- The procedure is considered to be safe and effective for most patients.
For more information about gum disease treatment with the LANAP® laser protocol, schedule your consultation with Dr. Kent in Birmingham, AL today. We look forward to helping you achieve optimal oral health!